2011 Harley-Davidson New Model Announcements
2011 Harley-Davidson FLTRU ROAD GLIDE® ULTRA
2011 FLTRU ROAD GLIDE® ULTRA Overview
The Road Glide® Ultra combines the light handling and wind-splitting aerodynamics of a frame-mounted fairing with a full complement of touring appointments for the devoted long distance rider and passenger. The innovative Harley-Davidson® Touring chassis is based on a single-spar, rigid backbone frame and a stout swingarm developed to withstand the demands of long-haul touring riders and today's powerful engines.
2011 Harley-Davidson XR1200X
2011 XR1200X Overview
The XR1200X is Harley-Davidson® Sportster performance honed to its finest edge. Equipped with fully-adjustable Showa® front and rear suspension components, the 2011 XR1200X can be dialed in to match rider weight, riding style and road conditions. The XR1200X combines this premium suspension with enhanced front brakes and the responsive punch of a high-compression, 1200cc Evolution® V-Twin engine in a dynamic, street-performance motorcycle.
With a tank and tail section designed to evoke the legendary Harley-Davidson XR750 - the king of the gritty American flat-track scene - the XR1200X puts its mechanical character on display. Wide flat-track bars and rearset footpegs position an assertive rider for active control. The XR1200X has a blacked-out powertrain and exhaust, revised tank graphics, and black wheels with an orange rim pinstripe.
2011 Harley-Davidson SuperLow™
2011 SuperLow™ Overview
The SuperLow™ is easy to own and fun to ride. Balanced and responsive handling help rider and machine glide through corners with smooth confidence. The combination of wheel size, radial tires and front-end geometry contribute to outstanding maneuverability. The final drive ratio is matched to the rear wheel size to provide smooth acceleration. Generous rear-suspension travel, a deeply cushioned seat and easy-reach handlebar offer outstanding comfort. A low seat height, the broad V-Twin powerband and clean styling complete a package that will make the SuperLow appealing to many riders.
New for 2011 Harley-Davidson Model Overview
HARLEY-DAVIDSON OFFERS THREE NEW MODELS FOR 2011
Plus New PowerPak Touring Combo and Available ABS for Softail® models
MILWAUKEE (July 27, 2010) - Harley-Davidson introduces the new SuperLow™, XR1200X and Road Glide® Ultra models with its expansive line of 2011-model-year motorcycles. With 32 models including urban brawlers, long-haul touring machines, contemporary customs drenched in chrome, dark retro-style bobbers, exhilarating sport roadsters and inviting standards, Harley-Davidson offers a motorcycle to match the desires of almost any street rider. Each rolls to the sound track of the American road, a syncopated V-Twin cadence that is the pulse of every Harley-Davidson® motorcycle.
Highlights of the 2011 Harley-Davidson line include:
- The new SuperLow combines revised front end geometry, new wheels and tires with a reshaped seat and handlebars to achieve well-balanced handling and comfort that will inspire confidence in new riders and exhilarate those with experience.
- The qualities of a frame-mounted fairing and luxury touring accommodations come together in the new Road Glide Ultra. Powered by a Twin Cam 103™ engine, this long-haul beauty comes equipped with a King Tour-Pak® luggage carrier, vented fairing lowers, ABS (anti-lock braking system), Harley-Davidson Smart Security System, cruise control, and a four-speaker, 80-watt Harman/Kardon Advanced Audio System.
- The new XR1200X is Harley-Davidson Sportster® performance honed to its finest edge, with adjustable front and rear suspension, floating front brake rotors and the surging power of a high-compression 1200cc Evolution® V-Twin engine.
- Select Touring models gain power and technology with the new Harley-Davidson PowerPak, which bundles the Twin Cam 103™ engine with ABS (anti-lock braking system) and the H-D® Smart Security System. PowerPak is a standard feature on the 2011 Road King® Classic, Electra Glide® Ultra Limited, and Road Glide® Ultra models, and will be available as a factory-installed option on the 2011 Street Glide® and Road Glide® Custom models.
- 2011 Harley-Davidson Softail models except Cross Bones® are newly available with optional ABS. New hand controls add features, convenience and cleaner styling.
- The 2011 VRSC™ power-cruisers are available with a new Security Package option, which bundles ABS with a Smart Security System for greater value. Michelin® Scorcher™ tires and new colors and graphics round out changes to the Night Rod® Special and the V-Rod Muscle™.
The four 2011 Dyna® models project pure attitude. Built with the rawest styling of all the Big Twin motorcycles, Dyna models are a customizer's dream. Each is offered in new colors.
Harley-Davidson Custom Vehicle Operations (CVO™) offers four premium, limited-production motorcycles for 2011.
- The new CVO Road Glide Ultra features a Road Tech® zumo® 660 GPS navigation system, upgraded Harman/Kardon Advanced Audio system with BOOM! Bagger speakers and an 8GB iPod® nano® and dock, and a two-up suspended touring seat with dual heat controls.
- The CVO Street Glide rolls on a new 19-inch Agitator™ front wheel, and new ventilated fairing lowers house two of the six speakers that are part of a 100-watt-per-channel audio system that incorporates an 8GB iPod nano with dock.
- The CVO Softail Convertible has a new audio system that integrates 3.5-inch speakers and a 20-watt-per-channel amplifier into a redesigned inner fairing. Music is delivered by an 8GB iPod nano stored in a protective pouch. Also new is a 1.25-inch welded mini-ape handlebar, Electronic Throttle Control (ETC), cruise control, keyless ignition and ABS.
- The CVO Ultra Classic® Electra Glide® has a new suspended, heated, two-up seat with leather inserts. Dual mufflers feature new chrome billet end caps with black spears, and new mirrors are finished in mirror chrome.