2008 Corona AMA Superbike Finale - Sunday Action
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca always has mild weather in the fall. Perfect weather, light crowds and 4 races is a great way to spend a Sunday.
Ben Spies captured his third straight champion ship by a wide margin over teammate Mat Mladin and the rest of the AMA Superbike field. Suzuki is dominant even on a tight track like Laguna Seca. We'll see what changes DMG makes for the 2009 AMA season.
Superbike Race Results
- Mat Mladin - Suzuki GSX-R1000 - 28 Laps
- Ben Spies - Suzuki GSX-R1000 - +12.582
- Tommy Hayden - Suzkuki GSX-R1000 - +17.902
- Aaron Yates - Suzkuki GSX-R1000 - +21.236
- Neil Hodgson - Honda CBR1000RR - +28.558
Ben Spies - A Class Act
Ben Spies said goodbye to the fans in the Corkscrew with class, he threw his gloves and helmet to lucky fans. Ben, good luck next year in World Super Bike riding for Yamaha.
Supersport Race Results
Ben Bostrom had a great season with 1st place and three 2nd place finishes this season. Ben edged out Jake zemke for the Supersport title by 31 points. The AMA Supersport races are fun to watch with Yamaha, Honda and Suzuki all able to win races.
- Blake Young - Suzuki GSX-R600 - 15 laps
- Ben Bostrom - Yamaha YZF-R6 - +0.231
- Josh Herrin - Yamaha YZF-R6 - +0.904
- Chaz Davies - Kawasaki ZX-6R - +1.676
- Jake Zemke - Honda CBR600RR - +3.412
Aaron Yates dominated the AMA Superstock class with five 1st place and five 2nd place finishes. Jordan Brand teammate Geoff May finished the season in second place. Suzuki GSX-R1000's dominated against the Honda CBR1000RR riders. I wish the factory riders would leave this class to "privateers" so they have a chance to win some races and possibly get better sponsorship.
Superstock Race Results
- Aaron Yates - Suzuki GSX-R1000 - 15 laps
- Blake Young - Suzuki GSX-R1000 - +4.456
- Geoff May - Suzuki GSX-R1000 - +4.956
- Chris Peris - Suzuki GSX-R1000 - +12.025
- Ben Thompson - Suzuki GSX-R1000 - +12.226
Red Bull AMA U.S. Rookies Cup
The Red Bull U.S. is a great series for young riders 13 to 17 years old. The competition is close on the KTM 125's and highlights rider skill. I really enjoy watching the Red Bull Rookies.
Red Bull Rookies Race Results
- Leandro Mercado - 15 laps
- Jacob Gagne - +1.192
- Hayden Gillim - +8.063
- Austin Dehaven - +8.099
- Benny Solis - +8.312