2009 Buell 1125CR - Quick Take
2009 Buell 1125CRRead our first impression of the 2009 Buell 1125CR (and 1125R).
The Buell 1125CR is new for 2009 with naked styling and clubman-style handlebar give a respectful nod to the nostalgic era of café racers. A 146-hp liquid-cooled V-Twin engine is geared for acceleration.
Sophisticated technology. The 1125CR, Erik Buell’s 21st century interpretation of the classic café racer, is a new motorcycle that defies convention and expands the street fighter category in the direction of superbike performance.
New for 2009 on the 1125R and 1125CR models are targeted fuel injectors, relocated O2 sensors, and updated engine spark and fuel maps. The combination of these features offers improved driveability below 6000rpm, even crisper throttle response, improved heat management, and significantly improved fuel economy. The updated engine spark and fuel maps will also be made available for 2008 1125R models.
The blacked-out frame and chassis components contrast with red highlights on the front brake caliper, wheel rims, rear shock spring and damping adjusters atop the fork tubes. The Buell 1125CR will be offered with Racing Red or Midnight Black bodywork. Production of the 2009 1125CR is scheduled to begin in August 2008.
Production of the 2009 1125R is scheduled to begin in September 2008.
2009 Buell 1125CR Highlights
- Buell Helicon 1125cc liquid-cooled, four-stroke 72-degree V-Twin engine
- 146 peak hp @ 9800 rpm
- 82 ft. lbs. peak torque at 8000 rpm
- 6 speed transmission with straight-cut gears
- Fully-adjustable Showa rear shock/spring unit features an external piggyback reservoir
- Fully-adjustable Showa 47mm inverted front forks
- 76/27 final drive gearing optimized for acceleration
- Fuel-in Frame 5.3-gallon capacity
- Dry weight: 375 lbs (claimed)
- Wheelbase: 54.5 inches
- Seat height: 30.5 inches
- Pirelli Diablo Corsa III tires
- Pre-Wired for Accessory Heated Grips
- MSRP $11,695
2009 Buell 1125R
In addition to the technical changes on the 2009 Buell 1125R there are new colors available. MSRP is $11,995.
All photos courtesy of and copyright by Buell Motorcycles.
UPDATE 12/1/2008: Read our first impression of the 2009 Buell 1125CR (and 1125R).